Re: GDM flexiserver?

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:05:38PM +0100, Thomas Larsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have searched Google for information about the flexiserver, but i
> have not found any useful information about how it is supposed to be
> used - or maybe i am blind.
>
> if i run it from a terminal it starts at new server and i can log in as
> a different user, but it has to be easy for my girlfriend to "switch
> user", is there a clever way to implement it?

Use the Ctrl-Alt-F7 and friends to switch consoles.  Yes this needs work.
Feel free to submit a patch :)

In most recent versions of gdm if you run gdmflexiserver again and log in
and you're already logged in, it will allow you to switch back to the old
session.  (which will have an locked screensaver running which is
semi-annoying as you have log in again, but oh well).

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Miau miau, zikala kocicka dyz hapala do studne.