Re: gdm_slave_xierror_handler fatal X error

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:34:25AM +0100, Gerard Breiner wrote:
> My X Terminal hds was hang up during my xfce session. When i restarted the TX, the chooser displayed again the rhost machine but when i want to start
> again a session on this machine, the login window doesn't appear at the screen. I looked at /var/log/messages on the rhost machine and found the message:
>  "gdm_slave_xierror_handler fatal X error ".
> Could you tell me what you think about it ?

This means that gdm lost the connection to the X server somehow.  Either X
server killing the connection with XKill or some such or the X server resets,
or there is a comm problem.  X is truly evil in handling such errors BTW.
I'd look on the X server log to see what it had to say.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   I thoroughly disapprove of duels.  If a man should challenge