Re: gdm greeter

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 10:40:52AM +0200, David Sauvage wrote:
> Hi,
> well i would like to add an input text entry to my gdm greeter theme,
> like their is one for the username/password
>
> <item type="entry" id="user-pw-entry">
> as you can see in the xml theme file.
>
> I would like gdm to write the content of this text entry to a file .
>
> thanks for helping me or giving any tips that could help me..
> Best regards
> David

You would have to hack the greeter source for this to happen.  Plus the
greeter is running as 'gdm' and doesn't have all that many places it can
write to.

If you need extra info asked from the user, write a pam module, that's much
cleaner, will work with any pam enabled app, and you don't have to repatch
gdm all the time when you upgrade.  The downside is that the questions will
be asked in sequence not all at once (just like they are now)

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.