Re: Additional language entries in gdm

mån 2003-02-17 klockan 11.21 skrev Ross Golder:
> The attached patch (against gdm2 HEAD) should deal with the bug reports
> you listed.

Oh, thanks for the help!

> In one case, I couldn't quite correctly cut'n'paste the
> UTF-8 name from the bug report (the one without it attached seperately),
> so I've left it set to NULL. It's not a translatable string, so someone
> else should be able to fix it up without too much hassle.
>
> Please let me know if/when it is fine to commit,

That's the decision of the release team, I think.
I found some issues in the patch:

+Bengali                        bn_BD.UTF-8,bn_BD
+Bengali (Indian)                       bn_IN.UTF-8,bn_IN

Don't know if a space is allowed there before the paranthesis.
Should perhaps be "India" rather than "Indian".

+Gujrati                        gj_IN.UTF-8,gj_IN

Should be spelled "Gujarati"

+Hindu                  hi_IN.UTF-8,hi_IN

Should be spelled "Hindi"

+Interlingua                    ia_IA.UTF-8,ia_IA

I don't believe "IA" is a valid country code. Interlingua is also an
international language that I don't think is, or should be, tied to a
particular locale.

+Kannada                        ka_KA.UTF-8,ka_KA

"KA" is not a valid country code. Kannada is only widely spoken in
India, which would make the locale "ka_IN" (which is also what the bug
report says).

+Punjabi                        pa_IN.UTF-8,pa_IN

Should be spelled "Panjabi"

+       { N_("A-M|Gujrati"), "gj_IN", NULL, 0 },
+       /*Note translate the A-M to the A-M you used in the group label */

Should be spelled "Gujarati"
We don't have any Gujarati translations yet, so I don't should be added
as an option yet.

+       { N_("A-M|Hindu"), "hi_IN", NULL, 0 },

Should be spelled "Hindi"

-       { N_("A-M|Irish"), "ga_IE", NULL, 0 },

Why was this removed? We have some Irish translations.

+       { N_("A-M|Indonesian"), "id_ID", "Bahasa Indonesia [id]", 0 },

The language code shouldn't be present in the native name (remove the "
[id]").

+       /*Note translate the A-M to the A-M you used in the group label */
+       { N_("A-M|Interlingua"), "ia_IA", NULL, 0 },

IA isn't a valid country code

+        /*Note translate the A-M to the A-M you used in the group label */
+        { N_("A-M|Malayalam"), "ml_IN", NULL, 0 },

We don't have any Malayalam translations yet, so I don't should be added
as an option yet.

+        /*Note translate the A-M to the A-M you used in the group label */
+        { N_("A-M|Marathi"), "mr_IN", NULL, 0 },

We don't have any Marathi translations yet, so I don't should be added
as an option yet.

+       { N_("N-Z|Oriya"), "or_IN", NULL, 0 },

We don't have any Oriya translations yet, so I don't should be added as
an option yet.

+       { N_("N-Z|Punjabi"), "pa_IN", NULL, 0 },

Should be spelled "Panjabi"

+       /*Note translate the N-Z to the N-Z you used in the group label */
+       { N_("N-Z|Welsh"), "cy_GB", "Cymru", 0 },

I don't know any Welsh, but the http://www.gnome.org/i18n/ says the
native name is "Cymraeg". Don't know which one is correct.

Also, Yiddish wasn't added as an option?

Christian