gdm 2.4.0.7

Hi GDM users,

We were running Redhat 7.2 (gdm 2.2.3.1-20 ) and
using gdm as our display manager for over 6 months without
any issues.

We upgraded to Redhat 8.0 (gdm 2.4.0.7-13 ) and we have discovered
a peculiar problem. I realize that 2.4.0.7 is not the latest and
greatest.

We use eXceed 7/8 to connect to our redhat system (7-8 users)

Occasionally, someone would log-out and not be able to get back in.
When they fire up exceed, all they get is a grey stippled screen.

After tcpdumping, I realized that the eXceed client was getting the
error: "Maximum number of sessions from your host".

Not wanting to kick everyone off the system, I tried to find out
why the particular host was not allowed to connect.

I tried to find if there was any session file that I could delete
somewhere. I used ltrace, strace and was unable to see anything
obvious.

I've read the code in xdmcp.c and it appears that the issue is with
how many sessions are recorded for the particular host and is stored
in a variable (sessions).

Please correct me if I've misunderstood something, but I have
two questions:

- Can I recommend that gdm be written to record individual sessions in a
file/files in /var/gdm ? i.e. If this problem happens, it would be nice
to be able to 'rm' the users session. I could volunteer some code
alterations if needed.

- Has anyone heard of this problem and does anyone know if 2.4.1.2 has
the same issue ?

Thanks,
Mike.