Re: Question and project

pedro noticioso wrote:
hello Guillaume! it looks quite nice!

Hi Pedro,

Thanks, I hope it will be accepted by George in the official CVS.
This is really cool to be able to vary programmatically the appearance
of the login screen.

Is it possible to add multi group support to gdm? my
idea is to asign a group of users to a different
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions directory.

Hum! You see, before you asked the question, I never had a look at how
the code did to take care of sessions.
I looked at it now and I find this part of gdm quite confusing.
At the same time, I have difficulty understand how you would like
to implement your new functionality. How do you take care of the case
of a user being part of multiple groups for example?

The current problem i envision to implement your request is that
you will need to have exactly the same session list for all users,
as the session is chosen before login and not after...

All I could see would be a message saying that the session chosen is
not available for this user and either:
- go to the default Session directly or,
- just invalidate the login until a correct Session is chosen (a info box would have given him the list of acceptable choice for him)

I have no estimaet how much it would take to implement that though,

http://www.themedepot.org/showarea.php4?area=11

Actually it has been just a few weeks since I moved back to Linux after 3 years of obscurantism... I did not know this new theme web site thanks for the link!

Guillaume