Re: new SUP protocol additions / the shutdown stuff

Hi!

Please check if reporting the currently set logout action makes
sense.

(I'm using this in a patch to gnome-panel that adds the buttons
shutdown/reboot/suspend to the actions menu. When they get clicked,
gnome-panel sets the logout action in gdm and invokes a log out.

Then, gnome-session requests the currently set logout action from
gdm, pre-activates the correct radio button in the logout dialog,
and thus never has to talk to gnome-panel directly. The user can
confirm his shutdown/reboot/suspend request by just pressing
the OK button from the gnome-session logout dialog...)

Regards,
Jarno

PS: Sorry about not finishing our email discussion. We both explained
our point of view and were (and still are, I think ;-) obviously not
willing to change our mind. And I had enough other stuff to do.