Re: KDE's XDM broken?

Welp:

In a nutshell, KDE's version doesn't seem to work, at least not as
installed in RH7.1.  Ditto for GNOME (although I'm on KDE at the
moment).

I went through the HOWTO, but when I start up, like this:

# X -ac -query <ip> :1

all I get is a blank screen.

(I can get the exact error messages, etc. if you like.)

Honestly, I'm pretty comfortable with X, and I do xdm all the time
from my Linux/x86 box to my Sparcstation.  But I that's mostly because
the Sparcstation's setup worked out-of-the-box--- I didn't have to
twiddle anything to get it to talk to my workstation.

Apparently, the KDE version needs some handholding.  Suggestions?

b.g.