Re: a safe X terminal

Patrice> I have read a lot of things about XDMPC, but it seems it
Patrice> can't be really secured.  I have also read some things about
Patrice> ssh and tcp forwarding, but it seems that it isn't possible
Patrice> with it to emulate an X terminal setup.

Correct.  What we really need is a new X security extension (which
would have to be supported by your X terminal firmware).

And nobody has engaged in implementing this so far, I'm afraid.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp linuxcare com, http://www.linuxcare.com/