Found it =)

Hi,

  I think I've found the problem. It's really funny (was my fault of
course :), and I only write it down to calm the gdm team, it's not a bug.

  I use a matros g400 with matrox fbconsole compiled into kernel, and also
use fbset to tune up the refresh Hzs. I solved this as a script running from
rc2.d with a 'sleep 9; fbset <parameters>' to wait till my machines starts
everything and run fbset. Of course I had to kill all the gettys to let the
settings work, so it does a 'killall getty' from the script after this, as
the gettys get respawned either way. Got it yet? :) Yes, I think (not probed
yet, but I'm quite sure) that causes the problem what seems to be gdm's
misbehaviour and what seemed like my monitor going apm off.

keep up with the good work on gdm :)

regards,
Christopher
--
GNUPG 1024D/44CE8361  Christopher Jozsa  (dYn)  <dynax vlug vein hu>
Key fingerprint = 52E4 07A6 3954 9F6F 574A  EFD1 661B 9331 44CE 8361