Re: gdm newbie prob

Jozsa> I use the Helix-Gnome package (version numbered
Jozsa> 2.0-0.beta4-helix) of gdm under Debian woody. At the host
Jozsa> startup gdm starts up at last, and my monitor goes apm-poweroff
Jozsa> immediately. That happens only in only 95% of the cases,
Jozsa> otherwise it starts up ok.

Spooky.

Does the same thing happen with xdm, or if you simply use startx?

GDM does nothing but spawning the X server and opening a window on it.
Shouldn't cause any apm event at all.

Which X server are you using, btw.?

--
Martin K. Petersen      Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME