Re: gdm newbie prob

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 08:35:58PM +0200, Jozsa Kristof wrote:
>   I use the Helix-Gnome package (version numbered 2.0-0.beta4-helix) of gdm

I would suggest using the version from potato/woody (2.0-0.beta4.9) of gdm
instead.  This isn't the first report I've had of gdm problems with the
helix packages.  I haven't had a chance to look at them yet to determine
what is different and causing the problems.

> monitor goes apm-poweroff immediately. That happens only in only 95% of the
> cases, otherwise it starts up ok.

I've never seen this with my gdm package...

> What should I do to avoid that problem?

I'd try the version in potato/woody.  The only noticeable difference is
the picture of the GNOME foot being replaced with the helix picture.

--
Ryan Murray, (rmurray cyberhqz com, rmurray debian org, rmurray stormix com)
Programmer, Stormix Technologies Inc., Debian Developer