GDM fails.

This may not necessarilly be a gdm problem. But, when I try to log on with GDM I first get a Blank screen then the GDM login returns. I added a wm to Xsessions. But xdm, kdm, gdm all fail the same way. So I went to tty2 and killed GDM. When I returned to tty1, I saw something about I don't have authorization. Well I encounter the same problems for root and user logins. The passwords are alright because I can still log into the system. I'm not the most prolific Linux programer and I'm using GDM 2.0.2BETA? I think. It is the one that comes with the Redhat 6.2 BETA dist. I tried to change back to my original Xsession and still have the same problem. I checked all of the permissions and made sure the correct files were executables. I think?
Thanx,
SA