Re: Configuration problems

Simon> 1) Even if I specify, in the [security] section, AllowRoot=1, I
Simon>    still can't login as root. And since I don't have PAM (I'm
Simon>    sure about that, I built my Linux from scratch), it should
Simon>    not be ignored.

You didn't specify which version you are running.  At some point we
had a thinko where the check for AllowRoot got reversed.  I.e. it had
to be 0 to allow root logins.

Simon> 2) When I login as a normal user, it simply does not execute
Simon>    the scripts. I tried all the possible ways of specifying the
Simon>    path in gdm.conf (and anyway, I can select my session in
Simon>    gdm). And my scripts are very simple: factory-default
Simon>    scripts for Pre and PostSession, and the simple command
Simon>    "gnome-session" in the Session script (no, I haven't forgot
Simon>    "#!/bin/sh" in any of them).

What do the log files say?

You sure the scripts are named either Default or <displayname>?

Do they actually work when you start them in - say - an xterm?

Simon> My WM is started in the Init script, and shouldn't be killed
Simon> when the user logs in (but in fact, it is!)

Read the manual entry for KillInitClients.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME