Re: More XDMCP problems.

Hi there,

Soeren> I run gdm (ver. 2.0beta2) on thing.stud.ies.auc.dk (RH6.2).
Soeren> When I try to connect from hvil.stud.ies.auc.dk with X
Soeren> -indirect thing I get a loginscreen instead of the hostchooser
Soeren> I expected.

GDM doesn't implement choosing yet.  I have it running in a devel
tree, but:

        Choosing is a horrid kludge which isn't part of the XDMCP
        spec.

        Choosing breaks a lot of other stuff.  I had to redesign most
        of the daemon to get it running.

        Choosing is extremely vulnerable to DoS attacks.  I have a few
        ideas how to limit this, however.

So the answer is: Yes, I'll get it merged into the main tree
eventually, but you probably don't want to turn it on unless you
*really*, *really* need it.

--
Martin K. Petersen	Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/		XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME, SunSITE Denmark