Re: [gDesklets] OpenHatch

Hi there,

>> Hmmmm... not sure about it... but why not ?!
>
> Good, 'cause I did it :)

;).

> http://openhatch.org/+projects/gDesklets

Just a few comments:

- AFAIK gDesklets is not for Gnome only. It should be able to run on
KDE, XFCE etc., too.
So "A system for bringing widgets, called "Desklets", to the Gnome
desktop." seems to be... how do you call/name it... ?!... a "half-truth"
??!! Whatever... I guess you know what I mean.

- "Update an old Desklet" can be delicate, too. Most of the (older)
desklets don't have a COPYING file or any kind of licence mentioned. And
contacting the author is often impossible as there is no (valid or
active) eMail.
At least we should point potential "helpers" (or how do you call them in
OpenHatch?) to this general problem.
It might be a good idea to tell them to first ask or announce it on the
ML before digging into it.

Just my 5 cents ;).

Greetings, Bjoern