Re: [gDesklets] FYI discussion of a merger

Hi Lauri,

sounds like a nice idea, although someone argued that gdesklets has its own
(XML) dialect which results/resulted in having only a limited amount of
desklets (as far as I understood). According to
http://gdesklets.zencomputer.ca/ there are about 180 desklets out there
which -- in my humble opinion -- is quite a number.
screenlets on the other hand is just python + gtk + cairo (AFAIK). The
question remains to develop a common -- let me put it the gdesklets way --
ADL.

I'm all for it, i.e. having a shared/maybe common codebase. Especially,
since there're a lot of ideas for 0.40 and the prototype shows some basic
features of the next major release.

Regards,
Christian