Re: [gDesklets] Cleaning the user register

Am Samstag, den 19.01.2008, 14:28 +0200 schrieb Lauri Kainulainen:
> Hi,
>
> Christian Meyer wrote:
> > is there a way to prevent script idiots^Wkiddies to do such silly
> > things? Maybe there's a drupal plugin or something like that.
>
> I was wondering the same thing and started to look for a drupal module
> that would require the traditional email confirmation, but I couldn't
> find one.
>
> I'd appreciate any tips if anybody knows whether this is possible with
> Drupal.

Most times the bots doing this are really stupid, they rely on static
requests with URL's like http://$foowebsite/index.php?q=user/register

They dont even look at your register link on the website. They directly
spit out the html's put command on every link google said to contain a
drupal system.

A simple text replacement of the register-keyword makes their scripts
fail. Replace "register" with "reg1ster" inside a few drupal codes and
you are happy. Of course this would be easy to come around for them, but
this works on a phpbb forum for me for years now. Just dont tell it
spread it to much :-)

regards, Sven