Re: [gDesklets] new 0.36beta

Robo Pastierovic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just tested 0.36beta.Works fine until now, but installation
> generated broken link in /usr/local/bin targeting to /usr/lib/gdesklets.
> I have relinked it to /usr/local/lib/gdesklets/gdesklets instead.
>
> Next, I have finished the documentation, including current shell
> description and functions.
> I have also created 0.36 branch when we may merge everything there or I
> may upload this documentation to 0.3x branch and 0.36 may stay as a
> final release in case we continue in 0.3x. Just decide.
> Documentation needs yelp to be available in system and therefore some
> hacking of one gD shell script. I have added Help->Contents menu here on
> my installation. It's quite dirty (it doesn't check for yelp
> availability), but works.
>
> Let me also know if we will include some desklets there. It would be
> nice to get rid of that debian package full of broken desklets that is
> everywhere, at least brake the dependency on it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Robo

I have just uploaded all my files into 0.36 branch. It's basically a
merge from 0.3x branch and basic documentation.
If you have some time you may test it. It will build with basic
documentation and Developer's Book both accessible through Help menu in
shell.

These things were changed:

* doc/basic: added xml (docbook) basic documentation and Makefiles
accordingly
* Makefile.am: fixed creation of broken link, added new folder
* configure.in: added new folders
* shell/plugins/Help/_init_.py: added menu entry (Help/Contents and
Help/Developer's Book) for viewing Documentation using yelp doc viewer
* doc/book: added makefiles
* doc/book/gfx: added makefiles

I didn't want to include it into 0.3x, because it contains also Shell2
and some other unnecessary files for 0.36 release. If you don't agree
with my changes these branch may be easily deleted.
I will have no access to my computer and internet since Wednesday next
week and will be quite busy until there, so here's my two cents.

Best regards,

Robo