Re: [gDesklets] bug 164314 in launchpad

Hi Mario,

Mario Gonzalez wrote:
I don't know if everybody here have got a launchpad account, I think
not :-) That's why I would like you can follow this interesting bug if
you please:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gdesklets/+bug/164314

In short, gdesklets-daemon is not working in some environments and I
believe I have found the guilty: tiling.so library.

I'm not sure what we're doing with the tiling.so lib and I haven't been tracking the "won't start"-bugs, because I can't see any of them on my Gutsy installation, BUT I guess I'd start by looking into the includes in the tiling source file. Perhaps there's a version mismatch on one of those external libs (check versions on Mandriva vs Debian) and the lib is causing the crash.

Just a guess :)

Cheers,
Lauri

--