Re: [gDesklets] RSS Control

Hi Karel,

Karel Vervaeke wrote:
Hi. If this list is only meants for gdesklet development and not for Controls / Display, please point me the right way.

This is the place for all gD related discussion.

Google Calendar provides atom feeds for your calendars - the url's look like this
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/[email gmail com]/private-[hexstring]/basic

I tried to use the RSS Control (v0.5) for reading the atom feeds but I had to make some changes to make it work. The changes look like this:

59a60
> 75c76
<               self.data = escape(self.data + data.strip()).encode('utf-8')
---
 >               self.data = escape(self.data + data.strip()).encode()
88c89
<               elif name == "item" or name=="entry":
---
 >               elif name == "item":

There are numerous other improvements that can be made to the parser.
(On a sidenote, I'm looking for a control that will parse ICS files because the Google Calendar feeds are not exactly what I need).

I'm more than happy to submit your improvements to the RSS-control. Could you send me a patch, or better yet, the improved RSS-control-package and I'll submit it to the site. You can just send it as an email attachment.

Br,
Lauri