Re: [gDesklets] gdesklets port to Solaris

Christian:
Thanks for the reply. I have modified the patch coding style.

The reason that I use this method to detect the number of cpu is because the glibtop_global_server->ncpu is not always correct and not working well with big-endian box. the macro GLIBTOP_NCPU is defined by libgtop, I think this is the maximum number of cpus that libgtop can handle, the using of buf.xcpu_total[i] != 0 is to detect whether
the cpu is active. I believe to use this method is more precise.

Do you mean that you are going to put the Solaris support along with these two fix in the final release of 0.35.x. That's will be a great news.

P.S:Are you also the module maintainer in gnome community? I'm requested these two fixes in the community by the policy.

Chris
Hi!

The patches are looking ok so far. I didn't understand the first ones ;-)
I can apply them, but please fix the coding style:

while (i < GLIBTOP_NCPU ...) {
}

no whitespace after a bracket! brackets should be in the same line as while and if.

smp = PyTuple_New(ncpu);

whitespace after and before "="

Thanks for your great work. I might have to apply some other patches if necessary and will release gDesklets 0.35.5 around 20th February. It'll be the last 0.35 release unless there are some nasty bugs ;-)

Cheers,
Christian

P.S. There's a mailing list <gdesklets-list gnome org <mailto:gdesklets-list gnome org>> available. How about using it, to let people know what's going on :-)