Re: [gDesklets] Basic Desklets

Martin Grimme wrote On 04/30/07 14:16,:

Hi,

Robo Pastierovic schrieb:
So if there are authors of such basic desklets among you consider
uploading to this branch. I have made the first submission  with Quotes
of the Day desklet. It still needs many quotes (up to 366, one for each
day of the year) to be added to the database, so feel free to add more
or improve the source code in any other way.

I once made the Clock desklet and the popular StarterBar, so I will add
those. And StarterBar needs a long overdue update *lol*
I was using Dtrace in OpenSolaris and it turns out the Clock desklet write to log file quite a few times every second which is really bad for the hard drive and the battery for laptop as well. Any idea what's going on?

Everything around the core is quite a mess, including debian
gdesklets-data package, so I hope this will help.

That's a good step in the right direction. Thanks for your help! :)

Cheers,
Martin