[gDesklets] OMG! First post!

Hiya,

hope you guys had a peaceful and relaxing Christmas. I know I did :)

So finally they got the mailing list sorted out. Or at least I hope so..
this is the first post so far. You both are marked as administrators btw.

Anyhow, about the new website. It's currently quite functional. A few
wanted features are missing but I'd really want it to rest in it's
actual position before continuing on the development. We have been in
contact with Robert (the www-admin) and he promised me passwords to his
server. We discussed with him about having the actual website as a
working copy of the SVN so that development may continue smoothly on the
site and upgrading will be as simple as doing a "svn up".

After the website I can finally get to work on DD again! I'm not sure if
Ashwin is able to help me anymore.. I'll have to ask him, but he might
be busy with his new work.

Just in case you didn't know, here's some info about the server and the
guy:
> This is what i Offer you in Detail:
> - 1 mySQL Database without limitations
> - 1 SFTP Account for Uploading Web Content
> - 10GB FileSystem Quota
> - 250GB up to 500GB Web Traffic
> - Daily Diff Backups, Weekly Full Backup
> - 1 E- Mail Virtual Host for your Web Domain without limitations
>
> That's my Infrastructure
> - 5 Node Web Cluster
> - Clustered FTP, mySQL, Apache (FastCGI PHP, Perl)
> - mySQL (5.1), PHP (5.1), Apache (2.1)
> - High Security testing Envoirement for details take a look at
> (http://kb.linuxprofessionals.org)
>
> The Reason why i'm doing this:
> I'm a Unix System Administrator with specialty's in the sector of
> security.
> The LPO (LinuxProfessionals) Online Cluster consists of 5 Identical
> installed and Maintained Nodes.
> Each running mutliple Productive Domains. Because of my Security
> Research im always intersted in Hosting new Web Content.
> Every new User with all ther Application helps me to Tweak and Adjust
> my Security Policy.
> One very Popular (in germany) example for my Hosting is the
> www.linuxeinsteiger.net <http://www.linuxeinsteiger.net> Projekt.

I'll let the people on IRC know that there's now a mailing list.

And have a Happy New Year!

- lauri

--