Running gconf in a non-Gnome environment

Hello there,

I am running only Openbox window manager instead of a whole desktop manager.

I want Qt apps to respect my icon theme which requires the following
gconf setting:

gconftool-2 --set --type string /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme
<name-of-icon-theme>

In my case I set the the icon theme to:

➜  ~  gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme

Faenza

However, when running Openbox, Qt apps still do not use Faenza as
their icon theme:

See this example: http://i.imgur.com/nFRrQyb.png

On the contrary, when running Gnome or Cinnamon, then Faenza is used in Qt apps.

I suspect that some essential gconf component is not launched when
running Openbox.

Do you have any idea what am I missing here?

Cheers,

Robert