gedit not working

Dear gconf,

I am trying to get gedit to run but it gives me this error:

GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: /bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally without any error message)

Dr. Matthew Cserhati

Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy

985805 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5805

Tel.: 402-559-5925

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete it and immediately contact the sender.