Gconf port to gdbus

Hi,

In light of recent issues[1,2,3] with GConf's DBus transport causing
applications which do not initialize libdbus for threading to crash, I was
thinking of porting GConf to GDBus, as was mentioned in [4].

I noticed that there's an unmerged "gdbus" branch in git that hasn't been
touched since 2010. I've managed to merge and compile it, but haven't actually
tried running it yet. After the merge, gconf/gconfd.c looks like it has
descended into some kind of #ifdef hell though.

The results are at git://github.com/hyperair/gconf-gdbus on the gdbus branch if
anyone is interested.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin