Gconf schemas search path

Hello!

This is my first e-mail to this list. I'm totally beginner with Gconf.
I hope that you can help me and, in the future, I can help other
people :-)

Well, my problem is that I want to add Gconf properties to a program,
but I can't find the way to install the schema file. The only way to do
that was copying the schema file on /usr/share/gconf/schemas. I use
Debian GNU/Linux, and I prefer to have a "local" schemas location to
doing some test.

I read "configuration sources" on http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/, but
I was not able to make it work.

I would like to have my local schemas on my "home" directory or in
the /usr/local directory structure.

Regards and thanks in advance!