gconf not available first time user logs in ?

Hello everybody,

Maybe I'm missing something here but the first time i log into fedora9
it seems like I'm not able to edit the "gconf-registry", however if i
log out and the in again, it works perfectly fine.

If i log in to the system the first time (which is reproducible by
removing my home-directory) and therefrom tries to manually set a key,
it gives me a long error-message, giving me 4 suggestions about what the
problem is.

"Error setting value: No database available to save your configuration:
Unable to store a value at key '/system/networking/te', as the
configuration server has no writable databases. There are some common
causes of this problem: 1) your configuration path
file /etc/gconf/2/path doesn't contain any databases or wasn't found 2)
somehow we mistakenly created two gconfd processes 3) your operating
system is misconfigured so NFS file locking doesn't work in your home
directory or 4) your NFS client machine crashed and didn't properly
notify the server on reboot that file locks should be dropped. If you
have two gconfd processes (or had two at the time the second was
launched), logging out, killing all copies of gconfd, and logging back
in may help. If you have stale locks, remove ~/.gconf*/*lock. Perhaps
the problem is that you attempted to use GConf from two machines at
once, and ORBit still has its default configuration that prevents remote
CORBA connections - put "ORBIIOPIPv4=1" in /etc/orbitrc. As always,
check the user.* syslog for details on problems gconfd encountered.
There can only be one gconfd per home directory, and it must own a
lockfile in ~/.gconfd and also lockfiles in individual storage locations
such as ~/.gconf"

1. that file looks like it should, or atleast i haven't changed it.
2. i only have one process /usr/libexec/gconfd-2
3. i don't have nfs mounted home-folder.
4. it hasn't crashed in any way.

Maybe im totally missing something here, please then point me in the
right direction..

Any help appreciated.

Best Regards
Patrik Martinsson, Sweden.