gconf on multi-seat

I have a multi-seat setup; two users on the same machine.

The problem is when you plug in an mp3 player or similar, gconf pretty much randomly picks which user to give it to and then sets the permissions to where only that user can write to it.

I get 755 perms, with uid being the user, gid being root.

What I want is 775 perms with uid being whatever, gid=47 (music on my system).

mount -t vfat -o uid=0,gid=47,umask=0002 /dev/sdi disk

work just fine, but any attempt to put gid or umask into gconf results in an error and no mount. The error is pretty useless; a popup window that says something like device could not be mounted because of an error. No explanation or detail of the error is given.

What can I do to mount a shared usb device via gconf?

--Yan

--
 o__

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation