Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA

Hi,

Every time i want to run an gnome app, i get an error message:

Failure listing entries in `/desktop/gnome': Adding client to server's
list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

GConf error: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

I've goolged for a while, but haven't found anything that helps me
solve this problem.
I first tried removing these files
-> /tmp/orbit-user
-> ~/.gconfd/saved_state
-> also removed ior locks
but no success.

After that tried upgraded to gnome 2.18.
Then I created a new user account, on that accont gnome works perfect,
so i guess it might be something wrong with my conf files but i don't
know what could it be.

I'm running gnome 2.18 gentoo on linux 2.6.20
gconf  2.18.0.1
no output from gconf-sanity-check-2

Any help on this would be cool
Regards