Re: Re : GConf : Non Recursive Notifications

Hi,

The idea with gconf right now is to replace it with a new system called DConf that Ryan Lortie is working on. DConf has nonrecursive notifications, I believe. In the meantime, we want to touch gconf as little as possible, since it isn't really maintained and it would be annoying if something we hope to deprecate kept evolving and breaking.

So, if you want to work on this the best thing would be to help out on dconf so we can start using dconf as soon as possible.