gconf schema problems.

hi, I have an app, and have some schemas for it.

But I can't remove keys from the schema after having changed them .ie:
they are no longer used by the application, and not in the current
schema.

I think the problem may have came about as I changed the schema, adn
then re-installed the schema so there are now no schemas in the system
that relate to the gconf keys in question.

What are the normla methods for removeing unsed keys adn schemas when
updateing an installed app or an app that has been removed from the
system?  OR is this a known bug?

I am using fedora and ubuntu, and have the same problem on both systems.

Thanks

--
Rob