Re: corba -> dbus

Hi all,

Has anyone had a chance to look at this patch Dave submitted? I'm
pretty interested in the direction gconf is going so I was wondering
if anyone had thoughts? Would it be better if he attached it to a bug
so it can be tracked properly?

As far as the move to dbus goes, is it something that has to be done
in one leap or would it be acceptable to move incrementally? I'm
thinking it might be better to wait until a complete dbus migration
patch is available so that we don't have to worry about having with
two buses running around in the daemon.

What ever happened to that gconf replacement-ish thing that was
discussed on the list back in... 2005, was it? I went back to read
that thread after someone mentioned it a few months ago. It'd be
interesting to see the state of that work. Does anyone know anything
about it? Is the migration to dbus or any other improvement to gconf
considered a priority at this time? I'm just wondering as a curious
user :-)

Martin