Re: Problems exiting session

gconfd-2 should exit after 30 seconds of all its clients exited.
Did you not see that happeniing?
Are there other gnome apps not existing after gnome-session exits?
check that.

-Ghee
Dominik Juergens wrote:
Hello gconf-list,

I don't think that I am writing to the right list,
but I have certain Problems (I think) referring to gconf.
Maybe here is someone who can help me...

I am setting up a terminal server with Debian using gnome in a configuration with home on AFS. If I end a gnome-session, the gconfd-2 daemon stays running. That is very bad, because the afs tokens get thrown away and gconfd cannot access the home any more. I don not know if it is because of that, but the gconfd-2-process does not terminate. When I want to login again, gconfd-2 runs already and because of that the login fails with many error messages refering to the lock-files.

Is there any intrinsic possibility to make gconfd-2 exit together with the sessionmanager? dbus for example has a commandline argument '--exit-with-session' and it works fine, or do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks for help
Dominik Jürgens