Re: proposed architecture evolutions for GConf

It might be that all that needs to be done to Gconfd is to allow Orbit to allow TCP connections over Ethernet instead of localhost or Unix sockets.

Can somebody look at the source code and see if this is doable? I seem to recall seeing that there is an option for enabling this in /etc/orbitrc.

However, I could never find any documentation about it.
Can someone clarify  how Orbit, Gconfd interrelate?

Thanks!
-Joe