gnome-terminal does not start

Hi,

I hope this mailing list is the one I must talk about my problem (since
there is no gnome-terminal list and I'm not an expert of Gnome).
If note=, just let me know and I'll post on the appropriate list.

I have a problem with gnome-terminal:

 - when only 1 or 2 Profiles have been created for opening a new tab,
	gnome-terminal works perfectly well

 - when several (about 25 in my cases) profiles have been defined,
	opening a new gnome-terminal fails: the window appears and
	disappears after less than 1 second.

If I remove the directories global and profiles from:
		~/.gconf/apps/gnome-terminal
and then restart gconfd (or close the session, don't remember exactly),
then these directories are recreated (with only one Default profile) and
I can again open a gnome-terminal.

The problem appeared when I rebooted the machine.
Since the machine was up during more than one month and since I've
updated many packages, I cannot say when the problem appeared.
The last package I updated with yum was FireFox.

(At the first time, the problem was worst: even with 1 (Default)
profile, I was not able to open a gnome-terminal, for 2 users but not
for root. A colleague changed some security configuration and then I was
able to open a gnome-terminal with only 1 profile.)

My environment is:
 - user different than root
 - FedoraCore4
 - i386 (Pentium4 2.6 GHz)
 - GConf2-2.10.0-4  (which seems to be last version available for FC2)

Regards,

Tony