Re: Fwd: Missing directories and files for gconf

hi,
We are making an panel applet..
Now it should launch itself on the panel at startup

We read
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.0/ch01s06.html#gconf-14

however as suggested here and on
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gconf-list/2004-July/msg00032.html

we tried using the gconftool

Now first we use it with -get to get the existing applet_id_list
This gives me 6-7 attributes including [Default value] that has the
list.Then we append the list to add our applet id to the list using

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
--owner=panel --type list --list-type string --set
"/apps/panel/default_profiles/medium/general
/applet_id_list [the appended list here]

the problem is that the original xml file that has the applet id list
first mentions type=schema ,then ltype=list and stype=string
so when i append using the above commands,it goes haywire.probably
because i'm not giving any schema.........
Could someone help me........

Also when i manually modified all the required files.........the
applet runs when i shutdown and restart but NOT when i log out and
re-login.
do i need to handle some signal or what?

Thanx