Re: gconf error

Around about 23/02/05 02:14, Tom T typed ...
If you can help, I would sincerely appreciate it. Or, if you know another avenue to take, that would also be very appreciated.

Sounds like similar symptoms (albeit worse), but a fundamentally diff. problem. I never had an Corba errors; I don't know much about Corba anyway.

I can only recommend trying to gdb/ddd through the command-line gconftool-2 fetching some duff value & see where the breakage is.

You might also want to check perms. in, or wipe, /tmp, as I think gconf/Corba use things in there to communicate and that may have become broken somehow.

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature