Can't edit menu item in main Menu

Hi,

I am not sure I should ask some questions in this mail-list. I installed
Fedora 2 on my machine, and I'd like to modify the items in Main menu.
But after I launch "applications:///" using nautilus file manager, the
"File -> Create Folder" is grey out. I can't do anything to modify or
detete itm in Main Menu. I am wondering is there any configuration in
Gconf to unlock the Main Menu(It seems the Main Menu is read only).  Any
one can help me?

Thanks.

Rocky