questions about gconf future

I have some questions about GConf future plans.

1. Are there plans to use GConf for keeping customization preferences for system services and apps?
(for example - to replace /etc/sysconfig known in Fedora Core distribution)

2. Are there plans to change current schema structure? And for example to use standard XMLSchema structures?
Expecially I think about this problem:

Currently in GConf we can use some limited types of data in keys. Allowed values are: string, int, bool, float, list, pair. And - maybe I'm wrong, but I really cannot see anything like this - there is no way to validate and describe what exactly is allowed to write in some keys.

For example:

I can take gconf-editor and navigate to:

/desktop/gnome/background/primary_color

and "by hand" just input something:

#000000 or blue but I can write: #red or #blahblah

And what is my point - I know that GConf is not designed for editing "by hand" - but maybe it could be better idea to use XMLSchemas and declare lists of available types and define lists of allowed values for keys? Not only provide default value and define type of key from this very short and limited list?

This could be very usefull when someone would like to just hunt for bugs in GConf values - this could be a way to validate entire GConf database. Or this could be a way to develop frontends for GConf - when someone could just transform schema to get a list of available values for some keys.

Marcin