<<< Rebuilding Nuked "/etc/gconf" >>>

Howdie-
Ive nuked my "/etc/gconf" directory-- and need to rebuild the gconf default files within. At this point X-craps out on me (obviously) and I cant fire-up gnome/nautilus/etc.

The previous default configs are no big deal to me, but I would like to rebuild the database WITHOUT re-installing ALL of the gnome sources just for kicks (read: edification.)

Ive tried rebuilding/reinstalling gconf from sources-- but this does not seem to build a new "/etc/gconf" directory structure for me.

Ive also tried th "gconf-sanity-check-2" script-- but get NO output, nada, nothing.

Ive looked through the docs I can find, and the list archive-- but cant seem to find any pointers.

Can someone point me to docs/How-To/FAQ which might help?

Thanks.

Cheers-
JJQ

Expand your wine savvy — and get some great new recipes — at MSN Wine. http://wine.msn.com