Re: Major problem with gconf mandatory settings.

Hi,

I think Joerg's answer is correct; I don't know how to solve this in
libgconf, really applications have to behave appropriately when a
setting is locked.

Some apps do try to handle this, such as gnome-terminal for example.

It is usually pretty simple to add support to the apps; in every place
that the app sets the value of the control on the prefs page (usually
once on loading the prefs page, and then in response to gconf
notifications), you should add a gtk_widget_set_sensitive() based on the
gconf writable flag.