Re: ideas on gconf-usage on multiple computers

Hello Ryan,

I'm not quite sure, if I should use dbus, but maybe I'm mistaken about
its use and features. Could you please briefly describe, how to use it
in this environment:

Box A is the server running my service, awaiting clients (all kind of
apps) on boxes B and C to update or tell them their preferences. The
service tries to interpret the queries based on a ruleset provided by a
config file and access XML-files, plain text stuff or databases to get
or save data.

I'd love to use dbus, since I think it's a good thing in general, but I
can't see how to do it at the moment.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel