ideas on gconf-usage on multiple computers

Hi everyone,

quite some months ago, I read a thread concerning the usage of gconf's
data across multiple computers. I might have got the whole thing wrong
but I think, most people used files on NFS to solve the problem.

Until the end of the year, I'll be writing on my diploma thesis and the
subject is the implementation of a service holding user preferences and
a client library to access it. The core will be some sort of prototype
of a daemon which replies to queries based on a (freely configurable)
defined ruleset with input/output-plugins (I'll be only working on XML
and database stuff).

I just wanted to know if there's any interest from the gconf side in the
project. Right now I just have a german description of it, but if I find
the time, I'll translate it into english soon.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel