Re: gconfd-2 running rampant on my system

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:31:44PM -0600, Robert Small wrote:
> Hopefully this is the correct list.  I installed Gnome 2.2 (I
> believe) this weekend on my FBSD 4.7 system, and it works
> beautifully, EXECPT when I try to start Nautilus.  Then gconfd-2
> starts to run and beats the heck out of my system, running up
> processor cycles 70-90%.  Forcing things in/out of my swap. I
> litterly have to kill -9 the process in order to get control back of
> my system.
>
> Any ideas?

If gconfd keeps crashing for some reason, it might do this due to a
large ~/.gconfd/saved_state file. To debug, you might run gconfd
in a debugger and see where it crashes.

I don't have any remotely recent reports of crashes (or huge CPU
usage), so I don't have any immediate guesses re: the problem.

You can also check log files for output.