Re: syncronizing gconf settings on a network

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 06:52:35AM -0700, Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> >How do i diagnose & solve this problem?
>
> I assume you are using the nfs-kernel-server if you are using linux on
> your nfs server

Yes.

> (otherwise I would expect you to have more problems).
> In /etc/hosts.allow on your desktop machines, do you have an ALL:...
> clause giving permission to the other desktop machines for access?

No, but there is nothing in hosts.deny except "ALL: PARANOID" so
it shouldn't matter.

> With
> gnome 1.4 on debian woody that was necessary since libwrap was used and
> so the client needed to be allowed to access the gconfd server that was
> possibly still running on another machine. I haven't check whetehr that
> is also necessary with gnome2.2 on sid.
>
> The interesting question is: When this happens on your desktop machine,
> is gconfd (any version) running on that machine?

Yes, gconfd-2.  However, i am seeing a working gnome session now and
gconfd-2 is running on the machine.  So it seems like the font problem
is not correlated with whether gconfd-2 is running or not.

Any more ideas?

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org