HOWTO put icon on panel mandatory

This should bee easy, but still, I can't figure out...

I should make an icon on the panel for all user i Gnome2, RH8, default
install with Bluecurve. Thoth this should be possible with gconf(?).
Have read

http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.0/singlefile.html and
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/

But still...

What I want is just a little icon on the desktop who starts rdesktop
(i.e. just a command).

Hope someone can enlighten me (please!).

Henrik
Pt. I have asked some this questing on a general Norwegian Linux group
+ the Unix gurus on my work, but have got no answer, så I presume it's
not just I who are silly (in case it is :-)).