The gconf-config script installed by GCONF could not be found ...

I'm getting the following error when trying to compile gnome-vfs-0.6.2

 ./configure
checking for GCONF - version >= 0.9.0... no
*** The gconf-config script installed by GCONF could not be found
*** If GCONF was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GCONF_CONFIG envronment variable to the
*** full path to gconf-config

I got GConf-1.2.1 successful installed with:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/gnome --disable-static --enable-shared
make
make install

I gave a : find / -name gconf-config -print
and didn't find any gconf-conf on the system.. I'm trying rebuilding and reinstalling Gconf-1.2.1, everythings seems to go ok.. And then when I'm going to compile gnome-vfs-0.6.2 I get the same:

 ./configure
checking for GCONF - version >= 0.9.0... no
*** The gconf-config script installed by GCONF could not be found
*** If GCONF was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GCONF_CONFIG envronment variable to the
*** full path to gconf-config

Could anyone help?? please send me replies on my email: valentinojr hotmail com

thanks in advance..
Valentino C. Jr.