Re: Does CVS gconf have known problems?

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 11:17:57PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:50:39AM +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > Is the current version of gconf in CVS meant to be functioning
> > correctly?
>
> Yep.

Bugger. :(

> > I have just been building recent versions of everything
> > (installed into a clean directories, so I know there is no extraneous
> > cruft interfering with things) and gconf is dumping core during the
> > install rule of eog. The message in /var/log/messages is telling me to
> > report a bug, but just filing "it dumped core" is not really helpful, so
> > I'll need to spend a bit of time working out what is going on on.
>
> If it reliably crashes, just shut it down (gconftool-2 --shutdown)
> then run a "gdb gconfd-2" from a terminal and get a backtrace.

Yeah, I've got that already. It does not look blindingly helpful,
though, so I was going to dig deeper. However, I am not going to have
time to do this in the near future, so I have dropped bug #110154 in
your pile. I'll keep my b0rked setup around in case you want me to run
any tests to narrow this down. I'm sorry not to be able to get a bit
closer to the cause of the problem.

Malcolm

--
Works better when plugged in.